Wow. It was a month ago that I last posted. Crazy, right? I apologize. First, I had a water leaking issue in my kitchen that caused most of my upper cabinets to be ripped down (along with the walls behind them and ceiling above, etc), then for over two weeks I was very sick, and then when I recovered my cat got sick. $2,500 dollars later she’s finally better. Life throws you curveballs! So the blog had to take a backseat for a while.
But I’m back!
And I’m back with a Friday Fifteen. Chock full of amazing fall/Thanksgiving/whatever awesomeness.
1. Some of my favorite Thanksgiving-y pies: bourbon sweet potato pumpkin, black-bottom oatmeal, shoo-fly pie, salty honey pie, and winter squash pie with brandy whipped cream. You won’t be sorry if you stick with ANY of them.
2. Speaking of pie- 5 ways to prevent soggy pie crusts!
3. Here in New York, November has a tendency to be really rainy. I was desperately in need of new rain boots since ever single pair I had cracked and the rubber rotted. So I needed rubber rain boots (and snow boots too, so I didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg on the rain boots- no Hunter’s this year) and so I got a pair of Sporto Nova’s. LOVE THEM. The built-in gray “sock top” keeps cold air and rain from getting in the boots and they’re lined in a fleecy fabric. Great purchase! I highly recommend them. Plus they’re “cheap” enough that when the and if the rubber cracks, I won’t lament the cost. Now for snow boots, I’m thinking Sorel. We can get a lot of snow!
5. The two-year anniversary of Superstorm Sandy came and went. Thankfully we’re safe from hurricanes this year! Or maybe I should hold my breath until December 1st?
7. I think I want some awesome Mason Jar lighting in my new kitchen.
8. Into the Woods! Into the Woods! I can’t wait. Check out the moving posters!
11. Now that my hair is finally getting longer, and it’s a pretty bright red now, I can plan on doing something like this with it.
12. My new beverage obsession: Trader Joe’s organic tea and lemonade. Yum. Like summer in a bottle.
13. As we’re thinking about getting married SOON- aka this winter, this shoot drew me in. Lovely. More traditional than I’m going for, but still.
14. MUST GO TO NUTERIA!
15. I think I need to order like 6,000 pairs of these for the winter. $8 bucks a pop!