I’ve definitely mentioned before how much I adore shrimp. As for pasta? Love it. And spicy stuff? Again, love it. So when I stumbled across this recipe in Real Simple I knew I had to try it. Its so quick and easy, as corny as it sounds.. it really is “real simple.” And on a night like tonight, when its friggin’ pouring rain out AGAIN, and I was eager to get home, and get dinner made and eaten quickly so I could watch ‘Pushing Daisies‘… it was perfect. Obviously, I’m feeling better today- so back to cooking!
In the skillet...
ANGEL HAIR & SPICY SHRIMP
- ¾ pound angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute (do not let it brown). Add the shrimp, wine, red pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt. Simmer until the shrimp are opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Toss the pasta with the shrimp mixture.
Result? One de-friggin’-licious meal. I would add more red pepper, however. Maybe ½ teaspoon instead of ¼ teaspoon. But its all up to individual taste.
The way you prepare the shrimp just depends what kind of shrimp you buy; if you buy frozen it tells you how to prepare it on the package, and if you buy fresh it can usually be prepared to your specifications (i.e. deveined, etc).
Quick and easy meal, quick and easy blog post. 😀