Wow. The flowers in my fall bouquet from Trader Joe’s are still alive & kicking after more than a week. Totally worth the $3.99 I paid for them. Happy Autumn indeed!
As a blogger, there are a lot of things that make me tick. One of the things I love the most about blogging is the community. I’m kind of a loner in real life, truth be told. I like being alone, I like quiet, I like doing my own thing. I’m not a people-person. I truly like being left alone. But I find myself thinking that if my blog-friends were close by, I wouldn’t be as much of a loner. We all share so much of the same interests, music or likes. However most of us are separated by hundreds if not thousands of miles. Which is very sad, but through the magic of the internet, we’re really much closer.
Inspired by a couple of those awesome blogger friends, and Shutterbean’s “I Love Lists, Friday!”, I decided to do something I’m dubbing “The Friday Fifteen.” I can’t possibly do this every week, of course. But I’m gonna try it once or twice a month. So on one or two Friday’s, I’m going to tell you about (and sometimes link to) fifteen things I’m loving right now; both on the web & off. A lot of it might be food-related, but it might also be a variety of other crazy stuff mixed in: soap, clothes, stores, TV shows, music, etc. So here’s my first Friday Fifteen, the autumn edition.
- Shutterbean. Not only must I credit that blog for this “list” idea, but it’s just a great blog. Lovely photography, too.
- My Canon EOS Rebel t4i. Seriously. I adore it. I’m in love, I’m in love, and I don’t care who knows it!
- I absolutely love this recipe idea right now. Thanks, Epicurious. I’d never have thought of red wine caramel apples.
- Dexter. Dexter all day, every day.
- That spiced honey I made, since I’m currently fighting off a cold or something as we speak. Ugh.
- Martha Stewart’s new show on PBS: ‘Martha Stewart’s Cooking School!
- Witches’ Brew Yankee Candles.
- Green Day’s new album (the first in a trilogy to be released over the next 4 months), ¡Uno! It’s been on constant rotation lately. It’s like old school GD, and it makes me feel like I’m 17 again. Also I can’t wait to see them in January.
- Haunted houses. It’s time! Wanna know something weird? I only like knowing they exist- I don’t actually like going. I did go, once, with some high school friends. I was chased down a hill by a man with a chainsaw. And I was wearing platforms. So I fell down the hill. Not a good night.
- Vintage black & white Pyrex?!? WHO KNEW? I love it. I only thought it came in olive greens/mustard-y gold colors. I stand corrected. I love the pink & white too.
- This shop on Etsy.
- Pumpkin soap. Use it before drinking your pumpkin spice latte, or while you eat pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes, as your pumpkin pie candle is lit, on the morning you go pumpkin picking.
- Chewy fruit chutney from Hungry Tigress.
- Malted pumpkin cookies with browned butter frosting. Thanks to Hungry Girl Por Vida, I have to make those… soon.
- My blogger friends- you guys are awesome & you never fail to inspire me!
Like I said, I’m aiming for doing this twice a month, but we’ll see. It might end up being once a month… or even three times a month! I’m also up for suggestions on awesome stuff, so if you’re loving something really hard right now, please tell me about it! Comment & link away; music, art, food, blogs, products, etc.