Wow. It was a month ago that I last posted. Crazy, right? I apologize. First, I had a water leaking issue in my kitchen that caused most of my upper cabinets to be ripped down (along with the walls behind them and ceiling above, etc), then for over two weeks I was very sick, and then when I recovered my cat got sick. $2,500 dollars later she’s finally better. Life throws you curveballs! So the blog had to take a backseat for a while.
But I’m back!
And I’m back with a Friday Fifteen. Chock full of amazing fall/Thanksgiving/whatever awesomeness.
1. Some of my favorite Thanksgiving-y pies: bourbon sweet potato pumpkin, black-bottom oatmeal, shoo-fly pie, salty honey pie, and winter squash pie with brandy whipped cream. You won’t be sorry if you stick with ANY of them.
2. Speaking of pie- 5 ways to prevent soggy pie crusts!
3. Here in New York, November has a tendency to be really rainy. I was desperately in need of new rain boots since ever single pair I had cracked and the rubber rotted. So I needed rubber rain boots (and snow boots too, so I didn’t want to spend an arm and a leg on the rain boots- no Hunter’s this year) and so I got a pair of Sporto Nova’s. LOVE THEM. The built-in gray “sock top” keeps cold air and rain from getting in the boots and they’re lined in a fleecy fabric. Great purchase! I highly recommend them. Plus they’re “cheap” enough that when the and if the rubber cracks, I won’t lament the cost. Now for snow boots, I’m thinking Sorel. We can get a lot of snow!
4. Want the perfect Thanksgiving cocktail? Apple snap cocktails from Joy the Baker win at life.
5. The two-year anniversary of Superstorm Sandy came and went. Thankfully we’re safe from hurricanes this year! Or maybe I should hold my breath until December 1st?
6. In terms of coats for the upcoming season, I’m in love with this tipped peacoat, the stadium cloth boulevard trench in ‘neptune green, and the bow coat in ‘vibrant fuschia’, all from J. Crew.
7. I think I want some awesome Mason Jar lighting in my new kitchen.
8. Into the Woods! Into the Woods! I can’t wait. Check out the moving posters!
9. Delicious light meal for the fall/winter, this is it: Rainbow chard & roasted pear salad from Brooklyn Supper.
10. For a not-so-light side dish: bourbon glazed sweet potatoes from Kleio’s Greasy Spoon.
11. Now that my hair is finally getting longer, and it’s a pretty bright red now, I can plan on doing something like this with it.
12. My new beverage obsession: Trader Joe’s organic tea and lemonade. Yum. Like summer in a bottle.
13. As we’re thinking about getting married SOON- aka this winter, this shoot drew me in. Lovely. More traditional than I’m going for, but still.
14. MUST GO TO NUTERIA!
15. I think I need to order like 6,000 pairs of these for the winter. $8 bucks a pop!
Only registered users can comment.
Glad you’re feeling better! I hope life goes more smoothly from here on out.
Just desire to say your article is as astonishing.
The clearness on your post is simply excellent and that i can suppose you are knowledgeable
in this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to clutch your feed to
stay up to date with impending post. Thank you one million and please continue the
Greetings! I know this is kind of off topic
but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
Thanks a lot!
I like this site very much, Its a rattling nice post to read and
But a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw great pattern.
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and
in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
Anyway I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.
I would like to take the chance of thanking you for the professional instruction I
have usually enjoyed viewing your site. We are looking forward
to the particular commencement of my college research and the complete preparing would
never have been complete without consulting your web blog.
If I could be of any help to others, I’d personally be ready to
help through what I have learned from here.
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was once a amusement account it.
Look complicated to more introduced agreeable from you! However, how can we keep up a correspondence?
I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
I’m quite certain I will learn many new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!
Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.
Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say superb blog!
Outstanding post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I’ve
truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
Some truly interesting information, well written and
loosely user pleasant.
If you wish for to improve your know-how only keep visiting this web site and be
updated with the latest gossip posted here.
Keep this going please, great job!
These are actually impressive ideas in concerning blogging.
You have touched some nice points here. Any way
keep up wrinting.
I all the time emailed this weblog post page to all my associates, as if like to
read it next my links will too.
After I initially commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new
comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment
is added I get 4 emails with the same comment.
Is there a means you are able to remove me from that service?
At this moment I am going to do my breakfast,
after having my breakfast coming over again to read further news.
As the admin of this web site is working, no hesitation very quickly
it will be famous, due to its feature contents.
Comments are closed.