Batch 2 of the Christmas cupcakes; french toast cupcakes…
Complete with little wreath toppers and cinnamon sugar sprinkled on the frosting. Its friggin’ unbelieveable how much these taste like french toast. In case you’re too lazy to go here and get the recipe, I’ll post it.
FRENCH TOAST CUPCAKES
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- *1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and then cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking pan with paper liners.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Make sure the butter is cool or you’ll have scrambled eggs.
4. Whisk in maple extract and then alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk. Make three additions of flour mix and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
5. Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
6. Cool the cupcakes on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
I used cream cheese frosting on mine, so heres the recipe for that as well.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
You will need:
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- a pinch of salt
- 2 & 1/4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
In a bowl, with your electric mixer on medium high speed, beat together cream cheese, butter and salt until creamy. With mixer on low speed, make 1/2 cup additions of sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Increase the speed of your mixer between each addition.